Okay, I was forced to eat this one by my dad because I kept on complaining for being anemic. So he bought me some grilled liver from the street food vendor in the Plaza. I didn’t really like liver but since its rich in Iron, I need to munch on it. As you can see, almost all parts of the chicken are edible, the head, heart, feet, neck, and even their intestines. Atay can also be used in adobo and it can be found in wet markets. You can find grilled liver almost everywhere here in the Philippines. Street vendors usually have portable stall.
Let’s start grilling your home-made street food!
1/2 kilo Chicken Liver
1/2 cup Banana Ketchup
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
2 tablespoon Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Clean the liver in running water and cut it into cubes (about an inch).
- Skewered in bamboo sticks (3-4 pieces each).
- Prepare the hot coal stove and grill the liver.
- Mix in the ingredients and baste the liver for at least 2 minutes each side. The outside of the liver may appear char but the inside is still pinkish.
- Serve well with vinegar dipping!
Enjoy your iron rich munch experience!