Beef Steak (Bistek) may seem hard to cook but actually, this recipe is so easy! No wonder why you can easily find this in carinderia everywhere. First, make sure that the beef you will use is thinly sliced and all you have to do is to marinate the beef in soy sauce, lemon/calamansi and pepper for at least an hour so that the beef can absorb the flavor and there you go…. you can already start cooking!
1 lb thinly sliced beef sirloin
1 big onion (cut into rings)
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp calamansi juice or 3 tbsp lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tablespoon cooking oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 cups water
- Marinate the thinly sliced beef in soy sauce, lemon (or calamansi) and black pepper for at least 1 hour (better if overnight).
- Heat oil. Pan fry onion rings in hot oil. Cook until onions are soft and translucent. Set aside.
- Fry the beef until light brown. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic and pour the marinade until it boils. Put in the fried beef and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is tender. Add water and salt as needed.
- Garnish with onion rings and serve.
Tell us about your cooking experience!