Yes! This is a new twist to your favorite steak, whether it’s beef or pork, now, a healthier fish recipe to substitute your meat taste. In this dish, we are going to use bangus, we all know that it has a lot of bones but is very delicious, good thing there is boneless bangus/milkfish available, you can buy boneless bangus in the wet market. All you have to do is to slice it into pieces and it’s all ready. You can also use any fish with white meat.
This is easy to cook so shall we start?
2-3 sliced belly of Bangus/Milkfish
1 medium sliced onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1 lemon or 5 calamansi
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/2cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a cooking pan, heat oil and fry the milkfish belly until medium brown, one side at a time.
- Remove the fish in the pan and put in a plate with tissue to absorb the oil. Remove the excess oil in the pan and leave only a teaspoon.
- Put-in the garlic until it turns light brown.
- Stir-in the soy sauce, water and lemon juice.
- Add the fried fish, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, salt, and pepper. Stir. Cover and cook for 2 to 5 minutes. You may add water if needed.
- Add salt, pepper and water according to your taste.
- Serve hot with steamed white rice.