This dish is very easy to cook since we all know how to steam. I personally love shrimp and knowing that there’s an easy way to cook it makes me excited. I’m always on-the-go because of my busy schedule from work and this dish is very appropriate for me because it can be done in around 15 minutes. My mom used to always serve this for us with vinegar dip and calamansi. You can also eat this delectable steamed shrimp with rice.
Start your timer, here we go.
1 kilo medium shrimp
2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sprinkle the ingredients all over the shrimp, make sure they are covered. Let it stay for few minutes.
- In a large pot, boil water.
- Place shrimp in a steamer basket and place on top of the pot; cover. Do not submerge shrimp. Remove some water if necessary.
- Steam the shrimp for 3-5 minutes or until pink, do not overcook.
- Eat by removing shells as you go and dipping in cocktail sauce or vinegar.
You may also squeeze lemon all over and sprinkle salt as needed.